A healthy body is a happy body, and there’s no better way to preserve your health and your family’s health than with a health insurance policy in Texas.
- Let’s face it, medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without health insurance coverage in Texas you could end up paying off medical bills for the rest of your life. We can help you find an affordable healthcare plan that’s right for you.
Don’t go it alone for your health insurance.
- This is one type of insurance that you need help navigating through to make sure that you get the right fit for what your individual need is. There are too many landmines. We help figure out all what plans are best for you.
- To help our clients stay ahead of the curve in the complex and rapidly changing world of benefits and health care under the Affordable Care Act.
- We offer complete attention to detail for your individual and particular health insurance needs. Finding a health insurance agent who is experienced focuses solely on health. Many agents try to work it in with their other business products but health insurance changes every day and you need someone who is keeping up with all of the changes minute by minute!
What are the major types of health insurance policies in Texas?
- There are basically three major types of health insurance policies for Texas residents to choose from–consumer-directed, fee for service, and managed care. These health insurance plans help cover your medical, surgical, and hospital expenses. They may even cover dental expenses, mental health services, and prescription drugs, depending on the coverage you choose.
- A consumer-directed health plan (a.k.a. “consumer-driven” or “consumer choice”) is a newer type of healthcare plan that’s designed to give you more control. As part of the plan, you setup a health fund that can be used to cover medical expenses.
Fee for Service
- A fee for service plan is a more traditional healthcare plan. It means you pay a fee to your provider for every healthcare service you receive. The benefit of this type of health insurance plan is that it allows for a lot of flexibility when choosing a physician or healthcare provider.
- Members of managed care health plans generally enjoy more benefits like lower out-of-pocket costs. However, you can only receive treatment from physicians that participate in the managed care network. Typical managed care plans include health maintenance organizations (HMOs), preferred provider organizations (PPO), and point-of service (POS) plans.
Common Texas Health Insurance Terms
- When discussing health insurance with an agent, it helps to understand some of the common terms you’ll run into. Below you’ll find definitions to some of the most common health insurance terms.
- Deductible–the amount of money you pay toward medical bills before your insurance coverage begins.
- Co-pay–a specified amount of money you pay upfront for doctor visits and prescription refills.
- Coinsurance–the percentage of medical bills you pay after meeting the deductible.